Technology News From The World

Technology News From The World
technology news from the world

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Netgear Wireless HD

I mentioned this morning in our DIY feature how many cables I have lying around and my distaste of this fact. I remember trying to setup a Linux media center PC a few years back to centrally archive my music, films and other media in one central place. I did not actually get round to getting it work, but imagine how much cabling it would have taken to wire the house to be able to actually receive the media from anywhere.

Netgear have announced a new product to stream your audio and video throughout your house: the Netgear Digital Entertainer HD. Tech Digest report that the number of supported formats is “pretty exhaustive” and that the menu design is nice and easy to use. Best of all: it’s wireless and HD. If it will support full 1080p or stop short at 1080i. Especially nice is the YouTube streaming support and Tech Digest is quite impressed by the WMV 9 HD support, but personally I do not like the WMV format.The Netgear Digital Entertainer HD is to be released in the US in a couple of months

No comments: